I read a blog by LifeGoggles about growing mushrooms in an old book. All you need is a starter kit which you can buy at Nigel's Eco Store. The kit contains: a pack of mushroom starter spawn, filter grow-bag, and full instructions. I find this to be an incredible idea. It is better than throwing out an old book and will help you grow your own mushrooms, which you can eat or turn into styrene. This clearly relates to class because we were just talking about replacing styrofoam with mushrooms. Mushrooms will help to make packaging materials and can be used as a different source of styrene.
I tried putting a picture in here but it was being ignorant, so if you want to see pictures, go to one of the following links: (They are really neat.)
http://lifegoggles.com/5508/grow-your-own-mushrooms-in-an-old-book/
http://www.nigelsecostore.com/blog/2010/06/29/roadtesting-the-grow-your-own-oyster-mushrooms-book-kit/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Nigels+Eco+Store+Ltd&utm_campaign=Solar+Garden+6+%28Outdoors%29&dm_i=B9V,6WTH,1PMMSG,H327,1
Jason, this really relates to what we are talking about in class. it is sad that your picture didnt work
ReplyDeleteI know. I tried to get it on there but it just wouldn't work. I really wanted it on there because it was such a cool picture but to no prevail.
ReplyDeleteCome talk to me about this. I can show you how to do it in a minute or two. Also, I can show you how to make links within your blog. Don't lose points because of this...
ReplyDelete